I apologize that this next post has taken awhile. I was traveling! Today’s look is the Waltz of the Flowers. This makeup will compliment any company’s Flower costumes. I will be doing an entirely different look for the Dew Drop Fairy, but this one could work for that as well!
You will see that I use some pink shadows in this look. Helpful tip- NEVER use pink under the eye- it will make you look like you have been crying, especially from the audience. So if you want to use pink, use it on the lid and in the crease!
Each and every look will follow the blueprint of The Basic Stage Eye. So head there for help!
(These are the exact products in the look- but you can use any brand you like.)
M.A.C. Eyeshadows in a pale pink, bright pink, blueish purple, and spring green. (I don’t have the exact product names as I took them out of their casing to put them together in one palette.)
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Lust.
Yves Saint Laurent Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils in Deep Black.
Make Up For Ever Waterproof Aqua Liner in 4.
Step By Step
(Click on pictures to enlarge.)
1. Apply a light pink shadow to the lid.
2. Brush a darker and brighter pink into the crease and outer corner of the eye to contour.
3. As usual, with your black liner (Deep Black), draw a thick line along the lashes that extends slightly upward at the end.
4. Now, using a bluish-purple liner (Lust), draw a line following the crease of the eye, and connect it to the end of the black one.
5. Taking a bluish-purple shadow, one that closely matches the liner, go over the line you just made, blending it out to ensure the line is not harsh.
6. Using a green liner, (4), line the lower lashline, finishing right up under the black line. Then use a spring green shadow to blend it out and to add depth.
7. Take your black liner again and line right along the lower lash line. This finishes the green and darkens it.
8. Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
9. Finish the look with false lashes!
As with some of the previous Nutcracker looks, you could add glitter if you wish, but I chose not to. I would recommend a soft pink blush and virtually any color lipstick. Even red would work with this.